Welcome To Rails
A Café at the Depot
Located in our fully-restored historic 1915 Kerrville Train depot, this cozy little spot was the winner of the 2004 Texas Downtown Association award for its authentic historic flavor and beautiful decor. The San Antonio Express-News call Rails, "a small gem polished with local flavor and a bit of history."
Enjoy indoor dining or enjoy the beautiful Hill Country outside next to the fountain, surrounded by lush landscaping on the patio. On a weekend night, catch the soothing sounds of classical guitar under the stars.
Rails' menu offers a wide variety of homemade soups, appetizers, and daily lunch and dinner specials. Rails' popular signature lunch dishes include grilled salmon salad, spicy shrimp Caesar with chipotle dressing, portabella mushroom quesadillas, grilled bison burgers, and grilled Italian sandwiches.
Dinner offerings include a selection of steaks, beef tenderloin, chicken Florentine, and shrimp Alfredo.
Don’t forget to save room for the mouth-watering dessert selections including the crème brûlée of the day, brownie turtle torte, piña colada cake, and more. Fine wines from around the world, Starbucks coffee, and Tazo tea are just a few of the extra touches that make this restaurant the place to eat in Kerrville.
You may have some concerns about the Coronavirus, so we wanted to let you know that we’re taking extra precaution during this unprecedented time to ensure everyone remains healthy.
We are more diligent in:
- Increasing frequency of cleaning and disinfecting heavy – use customer areas.
- Educating our staff and discussing preventions before service each day
- Providing hand sanitizer for guests and employees
- Offering disposable containers, cups, and cutlery upon request.
- Ensuring any employees displaying symptoms of illness do not come to work.
- Increasing spacing between tables
- Offering delivery in the Kerrville area and welcoming take out orders.
- Modifying our restaurant hours to close at 8pm.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time for everyone.
The Sweeter Side of Rails
From unique cupcakes to homemade gelato, the Sweeter Side is how Rails does desserts.